Body polishing is luxurious pampering for your skin that will leave you feeling soft and silky smooth like a baby’s. This is a form of exfoliation, a sort of facial for the body, where scrubs and loofahs are used to shed of dead cells and moisturize the skin. Is this something only the really lavish can enjoy? Spa and salon treatments can cost a bomb, but you can indulge in body polishing at home too. All you need are some basic products like sugar, salt, oats, honey, olive oil, and you’re ready.
Here are the benefits of body polishing
- Body polishing helps exfoliate your skin and remove dead cells. This brings up the fresh healthy cells and makes you look young and attractive.
- Body polishing also promotes new cell growth.
- Gone is the dryness. With body polish your skin feels moisturized and hydrated.
- Body polishing also acts like a cleanser, helping remove oil and dirt from your skin.
- Besides the physical benefits, body polishing offers some therapeutic advantages. The time you spend in pampering yourself can be used to reflect and think, or just to relax and give in to the pleasure of the therapy.
- Body polishing also unclogs pores and allows body products to go deep within.
What body polishing at home is like
Body polishing at home has numerous benefits. Not only will you save money, time and effort, but you can customize it as per your need and do it whenever you want. That too, in the comfort of your home.
Things you need:
- A loofah or pumice stone
- Some olive oil
- Homemade body scrub or readymade scrub which suits your skin
- Take a shower with warm water or steam your body.
- Massage your body with warmed olive oil for 5-10 minutes.
- Take your preferred readymade or homemade body scrub and gently exfoliate your skin with a loofah. Do this for 5-10 minutes.
- Now take the pumice stone and gently, but firmly, scrub at the hard skin of your elbows, knees and heels.
- Take a refreshing shower and moisturize your skin with your favorite cream.
- Don’t use soap for at least a day. A gentle cleanser like Olay Gentle Foaming Face Wash with Aloe is a good option as it is formulated for the needs of sensitive skin.
3 Body Polish Recipes:
- Take half a cup each of organic salt and sugar, and mix it well with half cup of honey in a bowl.
2. Mix 2/3cup brown sugar, ½ cup powdered orange peel, and ½ cup olive oil for this scrub.
3. Roughly blend 4-5 strawberries and ½ cup of sugar with some honey to make your scrub.
And Voila! There you have it, homemade, sinful, delightful body polishing ideas. What’re you doing this weekend?