Many women and men are combating with oily skin and have no idea how to make this problem go away, oily skin occurs when the sebaceous gland produces more oil than usual leading to an imbalance in the system. This may cause one to be self-conscious but luckily there are some few simple ways to care for the skin to help put a stop to it. The following are few methods of prevention.
- CLEANSING YOUR FACE: Wash the face using a gentle cleanser to avoid irritating the skin. Using harsh cleansers on the face can actually cause it to produce more oil to compensate for all the natural oils that were removed but if using a gentle cleanser isn’t working for the skin then try a cleanser that contains benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, glycolic acid or beta-hydroxyl acid.
- ASTRINGENT PADS: These can be useful to remove excess oil when one can’t wash the face. Keep some in the purse or at the office.
- CLAY MASK: This dry’s out the skin and remove most oils on the face, so it is best to use the mask sparingly. Save the mask for special events when one needs skin to be oil-free for a long time.
- MOISTURIZING: Moisturizers that contains oils like Shea-butter and petroleum should be avoided, these ingredients rather adds excess oil to the skin and can even cause breakout. Choose moisturizers that contains dimethicone and labeled oil-free.
- MATTE PRIMER: Use this after one has cleansed and moisturized the skin before applying makeup foundation. Matte primers help absorb excess oil throughout the day. Go for oil-free and non-comedogenic makeup products.
- FOODS: Eat foods that are high in fiber such as legumes, fruits, vegetables and grains. Vegetables shouldn’t have excess oil or be over boiled
- WATER: Drink plenty of water, it helps keep the skin hydrated and also flushes toxins from the body. Getting enough water is essential in keeping the oily skin in check.
- DERMATOLOGIST: Talk to a dermatologist if one continues to have problems. Ask about Accutane/reactance treatments, it’s highly effective for oily skin control. Pregnant women or women who may become pregnant cannot use Accutane because it may cause birth effects. Tips: keep blotting papers in the purse to dab away excess oil during the day look for products that combines moisturizers, sunscreen and foundations so that one may not have to put on many levels enjoy your beautiful face!